Saturday, March 30, 2013

thrifting 01

thrifting 01: Home Decor on a dime 

I am a thrift shopper. Yes, you can call me whatever you want. But I just love buying things at a reasonable price. I also love the idea of giving something a new life in my home. 

Here are some things I look for at thrift stores for storage/decor at home. 

Let me know if you want to see more of these types of posts. 

Home storage/display cases: 


Not all this is thrifted. But this display area in my apartment only cost me about $70 and come change. 

The display case of the left is something that I built from small crates I found at Michael's and wood boxes from Target. I put them together with some wood glue and voila- I have a cute display case for my cameras. Total cost around $30. 

The two green/sea-foam colored ones from TJ Maxx at about $15/crate. 

The crate on the left was on sale from TJ maxx -- slightly damaged $8. 

And the two crates up top were only $2 each at Salvation Army. 

Here is a closer look at the thrifted things: 


$4 total. The little chair box next to the plant was only $1. 

I suggest searching high and low for these crates. You can get them for decent prices. If you want to pay too much, I know whole foods sells theirs for $20/crate. 

I heard you can get them for free from Costco sometimes. 

Total cost: $70.00 and change

Jewelry Storage: 


This is an old magazine holder that I decided to use it as a jewelry holder. 

Total cost: $3.99 

Thrifted frames: 


10 frames with character: 

Total cost: $5.00  

Home decor: 


I decided to use this old wooden doll chair as a book end. 

Total cost: $3.99  


I've had this teddy bear for over 20 years now. He's been needing a new place to be. So, I found this cute miniature student desk at the Salvation Army. He looks perfect there with the backpack I made him a few years back. 

It's a weird find and extremely heavy. Too cute for words. 

Total cost: $8.99 

No comments:

Post a Comment