Saturday, March 16, 2013

simple series 03

Design your own mugs 


Hello everyone! I've been obsessing over making my own mugs all week. So, I researched different mugs etc. And these are the mugs I've come up with. Enjoy! 

1. Materials


1. Mug/cup of your choosing ($1-4) 

2. Pebeo Porcelain 150 Markers ($3.5-5)
Make sure you are looking at the markers -- some are air dry and some are oven bake. I made the mistake of buying a mixture. Local craft stores should have something if not try Dick Blick. 

Instructions: 

1. Clean the mug/Dry the mug 

2. Draw your desired design. Look online for samples. I'll add some of my samples at the end. 

You can even draw your own MUG on your MUG. Get it, get it. Language is fun. 

Here I had to draw all the black at once because my black was oven-bake and the colors were all air dry. I added color later. 

3. Bake according to instructions -- the Pebeo pens require 350 degrees for 30 minutes. 

After I baked I added the colors. The color pens require a 3 day dry time for them to be dishwasher safe! 

Enjoy! 

Here are some sample cups/mugs I made. 

Sample 1: The underwater whale. I love this idea. It's going to be fun to see the whale underwater when I fill the cup. 

It would also be cute to add a fishing boat up top. So that the boat would be floating on water when you fill it up. 


Sample 2: My friend is in love with grumpy cat so I made her a mug. And the other two are a girl guy mug I saw online. I thought it would be cute to give a try. 



Happy mug making! 



No comments:

Post a Comment